What will I learn on the course?
- Knowing normal for your horse, vital signs and preventive health care
- The Horse First Aid Kit- What to include, products that you don’t need and why.
- Wounds and wound care - types of wounds, how to manage and care for a wound and which wounds need a vet
- Horsey emergencies- nosebleeds, the trapped horse and choke
- Eye conditions
- Infectious diseases including Equine Influenza and Strangles
- Biosecurity - practical suggestions, hints and tips to implement
- Colic - signs you might not know, what to do, what to tell the vet, colic surgery and making a colic plan
You can learn more about our courses in our Frequently Asked Questions HERE
What is included?
The one day Horse First Aid Course runs from 10am until 4pm, and your ticket includes
- Welcome refreshments on arrival
- Lunch, morning coffee and afternoon tea.
- A copy of all the slides
- Follow up emails to help you implement your knowledge from the course
- Goodie bag and certificate
Is the course for me?
- If you’d like to update your knowledge, make better decisions and take the best care for your horse then YES it is.
- If you think you have all the answers, are closed minded and think that your way is best then NO the course isn’t for you..