Equine Nutrition Course
Do you ever feel confused about what to feed your horse?
Feel totally overwhelmed by the choice of feeds at your local country store or tack shop?
Want some unbiased information about what your horse needs and how your horse’s digestive system works?
Then this course is for you..
Our online Equine Nutrition Course has been produced together with registered nutritionist Briony Witherow, and vet Kate Granshaw and contains nine modules for you to work through.
By the end of the course you will understand what your horse needs and why, be able to make much better decisions on your horse’s diet and feel more confident in your equine nutrition knowledge.The course contains around 30 hours of learning, and is suitable for horse owners and equine professionals (grooms, therapists, instructors and those undertaking BHS exams).
Join Our Equine Nutrition Course
What Will I Learn On This Course?
By the end of the course you will understand:
• What your horse needs and why
• Be able to make much better decisions on your horse’s diet
• Feel more confident in your equine nutrition knowledge.
What Is Covered On This Course?
• The Equine Digestive System – you will learn how your horse breaks down it’s food, the components of the equine gastrointestinal tract, and how grass turns into poo.
• Nutrients your Horse Needs
• Hay and grass – what you need to know about the forage your horse is eating
• Forage Analysis – what does it mean and why it is important
• Rationing– Deciding what to feed your horse
• Understanding the feed bag
• Feeding for common conditions (including the good doer, the fizzy horse, the lazy horse)
• Feeding for clinical conditions (the laminitic, those with PPID and EMS, horses with ulcers and those with a history of colic
“‘I know I will be referring back to this course for years to come.
If you need an in-depth knowledge of what you are feeding your horse and it’s effects this course will be a very worthwhile investment.'”
– Sarah Elebert, Event Rider & Coach
How is this course delivered?
This is a self study course with training videos and quizzes to test your knowledge as you go.
– Andrea Piddington
– Jasmine Olphert