Horse First Aid
There are so many conditions to know about when it comes to horses – Join us live and online in April and May to learn about more emergency situations and a whole host of other conditions.
Join Our Horse First Aid Course
What Will I Learn On This Course?
• Knowing what’s normal for your horse, vital signs and preventive health care and why you are the expert on your horse.
• The Horse First Aid Kit– what to include, products that you don’t need and why.
Wounds and wound care – types of wounds, how to manage and care for a wound and which wounds need a vet
• Horsey emergencies – Nosebleeds, the Trapped Horse and Choke
• Colic – signs you might not know, what to do, what to tell the vet, colic surgery and making a colic plan
• Lameness including two BONUS training sessions from the amazing Dr Sue Dyson
• Eye conditions
• Infectious diseases including Equine Influenza and Strangles
• Biosecurity – practical suggestions, hints and tips to implement
“The course is made for the busy equestrian”
– Sarah Elebert, Event Rider & Coach
Who is this course for?
• Horse owners
• Equine Professionals
• New/about to be owners
• Yard managers
How is this course delivered?
We have a host of learning resources to help you update your horse first aid knowledge and fit in with your life
✔️ Training videos recorded with our vets
✔️ Over ten hours of audio training recorded with our vets
✔️ Slides and downloadable workbooks
✔️ Summary cards and short videos to condense your knowledge
We have welcomed hundreds of owners, riders and equine professionals onto our horse first aid course…
“The podcasts are brilliant and the range of professional contributors are fantastic. I will be highly recommending to all my horsey friends and it is a must for horse owners or anyone working with horses.”
– Catherine Goodwin
– Michelle Earle, Yard Manager